I finished Martel's book, the Life of Pi. From the last few chapters I have been able to pull a lot out of the book.
One of the main concepts I see around the end is the concept of repetition. As Pi floats in the Pacific with Richard Parker, his activities do not vary day to day. Even if they do, it is always in the slightest bit. This is important because it leads to lack of time. This lack of time allows Pi to keep his sanity. He eventually realizes that he has been on the boat for many months; almost the entire year. At this point, things begin to deteriorate. Both beings go hungry, but luckily they wash ashore in Mexico, and are saved.
This was a very interesting story to read, and I hope to read more stories like this in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment