Thursday, October 8, 2009

Color of Water | Post #3

I have finally finished this fantastic book! I can't believe how good it was. The book was a told from a perspective of a harsh life, one filled with many moments where you feel true pity for James and his mom. There life seems bleak and obsolete in the first few chapters, but by the end it lightens up a bit. James and his mom witness the death of many loved ones, violence, racism, abuse, and situations of complete fear. I though the book was incredible in the detail that it provided. And another good thing about the book is that it is actually realistic. Everything in the book can really happen to someone. It is in no way near far fetched. Also, since the story takes place about 40-50 years ago, it gives a completely new perspective of the world. It shows the views of African Americans, Jews in America, Christian Southerners, and Christian Northerners. I loved every ounce of this book, and hope to read many more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment