Friday, December 11, 2009

The Lost Symbol | Entry 1

I have had the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown on hold at the library since last July. Today I got an email stating the book
had arrived. I quickly went and got the book and immediatly started reading.
The book starts off much like the Da Vinci Code. Langdon is brought to the nation's capital only to learn of his friend's abduction. It soon becomes a race against time to free his friend and uncover secrets that have long been hidden under DC. I haven't been able to get too far into the book, but I have just passed the part where Landon learns about the abduction. When this happens he is in the Capitol building, where he recieves a phone call from a mysterious person. While talking he hears screaming in another room, where he rushes over to find a severed human hand on the floor. According to Langdon, the hand is a Masonic symbol known a the Hand of Mysteries, which is offered to people who are invited to learn deep, dark, secrets. Soon, the CIA shows up, and they work in conjunction with Langdon to uncover the symbolic trail being left by the kidnapper.
This is as far as I have read, hopefully the bool will continue to be as thrilling as it has.

1 comment:

  1. Saumik
    I Loved Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code and I had no idea that there was a new one out but now that I know I am just as excited as you were to go find it and start to read it. The other blogs that I have read have been nice too. You keep it interesting and dont only summarize. even thought when you do summarize it ends up still not being boring. THank you for informing me that there is a new book out and I hope to start reading it once I finish my current book.

    ReplyDelete