I recently started reading Troy but was not able to get that far into the book, probably only about 20 pages. This is because I finished the last 50 pages of the Kite Runner from last week. So I'm going to be talking about a little of each in this post.
Troy is the book that the hit movie was based off of. It tells the story of a girl growing up during the Trojan War where Troy was besieged by the Greeks. From my prior knowledge, the Greeks were a very strong force. The war ends with the brutal destruction of Troy by the use of the Trojan Horse, which was a large wooden horse given as a gift to the Trojans, but little did they know that inside the horse were an army of Greeks ready to attack. Hopefully this book can fill in the blanks of my knowledge.
The Kite Runner was a great book, as I said in my last post. It ended off like a fairy tale, but I can't say much without giving it away. If the Kite Runner were a true story, Amir's action may have been considered heroic.
More soon, after I read a little deeper into Troy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment